All students of Abbotsford Primary School will be kind local citizens and caring global thinkers.
Abbotsford Primary School’s mission is to offer a world-class, holistic, Chinese/English bilingual education that is informed by global best practice and tailor-made for Abbotsford’s local context.
As a bilingual school with a multicultural makeup, Abbotsford Primary School endeavours to:
- Equip students with the capabilities to navigate seamlessly across linguistic and socio-cultural borders (“Learning about diversity”)
- Empower students to be leaders of their own learning (“Diversity in learning”)
- Inspire students to build and maintain global connections (“Globally informed”)
- Instil a culture of empathy and mutual respect for all students to embrace their unique identity (“Locally rooted”)
These objectives together form the two mottos that underpin the work we do:
- “Diversity in learning; Learning about diversity” “多元学习 ‧ 学习多元”
- “Globally informed; locally rooted” “世界接轨 ‧ 在地深根”
Why are these values important for achieving our vision and mission?
- Curiosity is the key driver of global citizenship, as it opens our mind and heart to the endless possibilities of this world.
- Seeing learning as an enjoyable challenge motivates us to step out of our own comfort zone and tackle difficult skills (like Chinese!)
- A strong sense of connectedness helps us to feel we belong and that we are all responsible for our school community.
- Caring for all members of the school community ensures that Abbotsford Primary School remains a vibrant, safe and inclusive environment for learning.
- Regarding differences as opportunities to understand new perspectives
- Being open-minded and not making assumptions about how the world ‘should’ work
- Embracing every opportunity to grow, even when it seems difficult
- Comparing yourself to who you were yesterday, not to who someone else is today
- Being inclusive of others in the school community, valuing each other’s backgrounds, perspectives and experiences
- Showing responsibility for the school community and contributing in your own way
- Treating others the way you want to be treated
- Going the extra mile to provide equitable access and giving a helping hand to those in need
School Strategic Plan
2020 - 2024 School Strategic Plan
2017 - 2020 School Strategic Plan
Annual Implementation Plan
2021 Annual Implementation Plan
Annual Report to the Community
2020 Annual Report to the Community
2019 Annual Report to the Community