All volunteer positions at APS have some general requirements, including:
- Must be over 18 years of age;
- Must be eligible to live in Australia (for the duration of the school term);
- Volunteers must have a current Working with Children Check and this must be recorded at the school office prior to volunteer work being undertaken;
- Attend any required induction training.
Additionally, Abbotsford Primary School is an inclusive school community that values diversity, where all community members, including volunteers:
- Promote the cultural safety, participation and empowerment of students with culturally and/or linguistically diverse backgrounds;
- Promote the cultural safety, participation and empowerment of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students;
- Promote the safety, participation and empowerment of students with a disability;
- Uphold the school’s Statement of Commitment to Child Safety at all times and adhere to the school’s Child Safe Policy.
In recognition of volunteers' contributions, Abbotsford Primary School will provide volunteers with:
- Induction (containing both online and face-to-face components);
- Certificate of Service (at the end of the year unless requested earlier);
- Opportunity to join a Community of Practice where you can share meet other volunteers, share best practice and debrief with a representative from the Volunteer Management Sub-Commtitee of the School Council;
- Special morning teas or staff social events to celebrate our collective achievements.