All volunteer positions at APS have some general requirements, including:
- You must be over 18 years of age;
- You must be eligible to live in Australia (for the duration of the school term);
- You must have a current Working with Children Check (or have applied for one) and this must be recorded at the school office prior to volunteer work being undertaken;
- You must provide proof of full vaccination (as defined by the Department of Education and Training rules at any given time);
- You must attend a full OH&S Induction.
Additionally, Abbotsford Primary School is an inclusive school community that values diversity, where all community members, including volunteers:
- Promote the cultural safety, participation and empowerment of students with culturally and/or linguistically diverse backgrounds;
- Promote the cultural safety, participation and empowerment of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students;
- Promote the safety, participation and empowerment of students with a disability;
- Uphold the school’s Statement of Commitment to Child Safety at all times and adhere to the school’s Child Safe Policy.
In recognition of volunteers' contributions, Abbotsford Primary School will provide volunteers with:
- Opportunity to engage with the school's teaching and learning program (through partnering with experienced teachers);
- Certificate of Service (at the end of the year unless requested earlier);
- Opportunity to see the nation's most innovative Chinese-English live;
- Special morning teas or staff social events to celebrate our collective achievements.