As part of our commitment to child safety, Abbotsford Primary School has appointed Amanda Norton-Smith as our Child Safety Officer. Amanda is also the Grade 3 Home Room Teacher and Learning Specialist of the school.
Her duties include:
- act as a source of support, advice and expertise to staff members on matters of child safety;
- liaise with the Principal and school leaders to maintain the visibility of child safety;
- ensure school policies are known and used appropriately;
- be alert to the specific needs of children in need and those with special educational needs;
- oversee the Wellbeing curriculum.
Next: Child Safety Principles